We are unique that we offer CHEK corrective exercise alongside our Pilates. A CHEK Practitioner (Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiologist) looks at the body as a complete entity, in which all parts of the body work together. This type of core fitness training strives to correct the inevitable imbalances in our posture and strength caused by day-to-day living.
The CHEK Practitioner helps to achieve a fully functional, strong, healthy, PAIN-FREE body. The process involves acute attention to detail regarding proper movement technique, extensive physical evaluations, and subsequent individualised exercise programs.
Our Studio honours Joseph Pilates’ grand vision of a revolutionary movement practice while recognizing it’s expansive and evolutionary potential.We have been offering mat and apparatus classes in private, semi-private and small group formats since 2000 in St.Helens. Our goal is to assist clients in reaching their full movement potential.
The benefits of CHEK Corrective exercise and Rehabilitation include:
- Improve core stability and muscle balance
- Promote spinal and joint health, treat low back pain
- Enhance fitness and athletic performance
- Increase balance and flexibility and posture
- Reduce pain, muscle tension and alleviate stress
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Promote healthy aging