How is STOTT PILATES different than weight training or other resistance exercise?
- Pilates is three-dimensional (i.e. exercise can be performed using all movement planes) spring resistance more closely resembles muscular contraction
- Emphasis on concentric/eccentric contraction for injury prevention
- STOTT PILATES is customizable for special needs
- In Pilates exercise, emphasis is placed on rebalancing muscles around the joint
- Pilates corrects over-training and muscle imbalance that leads to injury
- Pilates emphasizes balancing strength and flexibility (for injury prevention and more efficient movement)
- STOTT PILATES leads to improvement in posture and body awareness.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!